Great actor headshots are…
- Tailored just for you
- Beautifully and subtly edited to show your best features
- Created with the casting directors stance in mind
- Reveals your personality
- Depicts a relaxed, confident you
- We will ask you who are you in this headshot?
- Who is the casting director looking at?
- What character are you portraying?
- Why are you wearing these clothes?
- Must be in Color (black and white is no longer acceptable)
- Should NOT look like a Glamour Shot
- You should look like your headshot in real life – certainly you on your best day, sure, but it look like you
Dressing for your Headshot
- Stick with solid colors, and jewel and earth tones are always good. Heavy textures like wool, canvas, and linen are also great, as well as layers
- Bring outfits for the types of character you want:
- Lawyer, Doctor, Security Guard, Hippy
- Wear a color that best brings out your features
- Wear your hair like you will for live auditions
- Minimal jewelry is acceptable for ladies. Small studs are fine – but big dangly earrings are not!